1/4 cup olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely diced
3 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
3 Tbs coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp turmeric
pinch of saffron
salt & pepper
1 Moroccan pickled lemon ( its available in Lulu in the cheese & olives booth )
1 cup green olives, pitted & sliced
1 lemon, juiced
3 cups water
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In a large glass bowl, place the chicken parts.
- Add in the coriander, parsley, garlic, lemon juice. Seasoning with ginger, turmeric , saffron , salt & pepper.
- Rubb the chicken with this mixture very well and keep aside. ( Better to marinate it the maximum possible )
- Heat the pot and place the chicken parts in with marinade without oil . turn from both sides for few minutes.
- add the onions, water then cover and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pot and place them in a plate.
- Add the olives, pickled lemons & olive oil to the pot and let the sauce reduce on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Return the chicken parts to the sauce.
- serve them in a Clay Tagine with arabic bread.